- R’ Yishmoel would meditate on divine names to enter the Pardes.
His soul would leave his body and transcend to upper chambers of Olam
- His physical body would stay on earth.
- When one is holding in that state of holiness it manifests down on his
- If someone were to look at R’ Yishmoel’s body as he was
gazing the Markava ( supernal chariot) he would see a blazing fire of
glorious light surrounding his body.
- In fact a regular person would have been blinded and consumed just by
looking at this fearsome fire.
- Only the holy sages were able to stand in the presents of one entering
the Pardes and transcending the supernal chambers.
- This was a common occurrence in Hychlot Rabbiti where R’Nechunya
taught the mysteries of the pardes.