Meaning, we have to identify the essence of a person.
- It is not his body parts, since he can live without many of them, or
receive a transplant.
- It is not his brain, since this only holds information. Theoretically
a person’s collective memories can be uploaded and programmed into
a fresh brain of a clone.
- Basically a person is his conscience
awareness, his soul.
- Although this is seemingly centered in the head, it can be moved to
other body parts through meditation.
- There are three basic parts to the soul nefesh, ruach, and neshama.
- All functions of the actual body, for example, moving and eating are
controlled by the nefesh.
- Emotions stem from the Ruach.
- Thought is the neshama.
- All parts of the soul work in unison.